Monday, March 11, 2013

3/14 Homework

I searched for new websites that use statistics, because I think that this topic deals with a lot of raw numbers and that is the easiest way to understand my argument against Free Trade.  I went to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website, by using the link on one of your blog posts in class.  I have found the website very helpful in terms of finding detailed economic statistics.  This could be a source I could use for my project.  Some of the new materials that I found that could help are the industry and commodity databases under the Producer databases.  There was also an import and export index on their front page that you can access to.  It also has statistics that are broken down by region, which will give researchers even more detailed information.  There is a tool bar that gives you the latest up to date information.     

2 comments:

  1. State of the Project presentation feedback:

    Josh,
    You stated that your topic was Free trade and the affects on the economy. I thought your topic was interesting I just wish you would have given a little bit more information about your topic. I did like that your stated facts about your topic. I do know you said your stance was that you were against free trade because of the negative effects on the economy. I think you are on the right track. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presentation Feedback:

    Dear Josh,
    I'm glad to hear that you have a solid idea on your presentation. I also like that you have a specific side to your argument: You're against free trade. You told us you have already done research assignments on this very topic, and you seem like you have everything in order but if you need any charts or statistics that relate to the effects of Free Trade, I've a Micro-econ book you can use. I'm sure you already have Econ. book that go into the very issues that are caused by Free trade but if you don't, I know the library does. Good luck with your final presentation and don't be afraid to talk louder ^^'

    ReplyDelete