Monday, March 4, 2013

3/4 Homework

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/spains-jobless-hits-record-million-february-18645416#.UTRqxhX2t2I.reddit

I went to the social network site Reddit and found an article about the unemployment rate of Spain.  It said that the rate increased to 26%.  About 59,444 people lost their jobs in January.  There are now over 5 million people in Spain that are out of work.    It could possibly be a useful search engine for me to use when it comes to Free Trade, even though it is not covered in the news very much anymore.  I could see myself using this website on a regular basis to find updated news and other global events.
I use social media to find out what other people, which I do not see very often, are doing.  I also go just to look up news and other events.  I do not use a wide variety of social networks simply because news usually gets filtered around the web.    

1 comment:

  1. Josh, nice job with your searching and it's great you were able to find a useful article through Reddit. In class we said that in general social media is best for current, breaking news but that's by no means an absolute. And your topic of free trade, for example, although it may not be covered as much directly right now, is a key economic debate for which there is much discussion. You can definitely find good conversations and relevant resources being shared on the social web, just as you've done with the Reddit site.

    ReplyDelete