Thursday, January 17, 2013

Homework 1/17

One of the topics that I am researching, and that is in my field of study, is Free Trade.  The debate about global trade has become more important in recent years given the U.S. trade deficit.  I could look at the argument about Free Trade from both sides of the aisle.  I could look into the trade policy the U.S. has had over the past two centuries. I could look into the effects Free Trade has had on industrial manufacturing and blue collar wages.

The other topic I could research on is the effect television has on society.  I could search and see if television has had any effect on the development on the brain.  I could compare several different parameters and statistics such as SAT scores before and after, crime rates before and after, drug use before and after etc.  I could calculate the number of hours the average person watches television.                 

1 comment:

  1. Josh,

    These are two good ideas and it's clear you have a good understanding of how to refine a topic and pick a specific angle for research. That's one of the things we'll be talking about in class for the next few sessions and hopefully it will be useful for you as you decide what to focus on.

    ReplyDelete